Oy! Only ten more days until Christmas and I am SO not ready. I have so much shopping still to do. Luckily, I think I can get it done at two or three stores. With life so busy, I am glad that there are quick dinners that can be made up in less than 30 minutes. I refuse to get caught in the fast food trap.
We are used to glopping sauce on our pasta, but with the holidays being so full of sweets and butter, I thought it might be nice just to toss the pasta with vegetables, chicken and some crumbled cheese. The results were delicious and everyone, except the mushroom hater, thought the dish was a complete success. Said mushroom hater made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, earning himself zero brownie points with the cook.
I made this with gluten-free pasta. Of course, you can make it with any kind you desire.
- 12 oz spaghetti, cooked according to package directions (I used gluten free pasta)
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbles
- Cook chicken breast with garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute mushrooms, onion and bell pepper with remaining olive oil
- Add tomato and spinach.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta to pan.
- Toss and heat through.
- Serve with Feta sprinkled on top.