This Easy Fudge Pie is a perfect way to end a nice meal.
I am all about easy desserts. When I am bustling around the kitchen making dinner, dessert is often an after-thought. I often get out my ingredients for dinner and while I am chopping vegetables I realize that I haven’t planned a sweet for the family. That is the time that I go into panic mode and start opening cupboards to see what I can come up with in 20 minutes of less without dirtying a sink load of dishes. Pies like this Easy Fudge Pie have saved my husband and children from moping around all evening bemoaning the lack of dessert.Seeings Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I thought I would share a few chocolate items over the next week or so. I know that IF I were to make a fancy dinner for that holiday, I might want an easy, but delicious dessert to follow. This pie certainly fits the bill. It was a total hit with the family and its ease made me a big fan. Honestly, can you go wrong with sweetened condensed milk? ‘Nough said.
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 Tbsp oatmeal
- In a glass bowl (or saucepan if you like using your stove), melt the chocolate chips, butter, and water in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Microwave 30 seconds more if the chips are not all melted.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add the eggs.
- Pour the pie filling into the graham cracker crust and sprinkle with the oatmeal.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers.