These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with mini sized chips so there is chocolate in every bite!
There are so many chocolate chip cookie recipes. I think I have at least five here on this blog. No matter how many different ones I try, though, I almost always go back to this one. It’s simply a classic soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie. And, it’s in my recipe notebook marked with over twenty five years of drips, spills and splotches from making the recipes it contains. I know I can grab that book and find all of my favorite, tried and true recipes. Perhaps that, more than anything ensures that I keep making this recipe. I don’t have to turn on the computer or get out a lot of books to find what I am looking for. Laziness aside, though, folks, this is one great cookie. I often make it with mini chocolate chips, like pictured above because I think they help get chocolate into every bite. There is nothing I hate more than a chocolate chip cookie with only one chip in it. However, I make this recipe with whatever chips I have on hand. If I only have big ones, then that’s what we eat. I just have to be a little more careful to distribute the chips evenly.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.