Sausage and Black Olive Pizza Dip because not everyone loves pepperoni pizza!
Have you seen “pizza dip” before? Have you noticed that it almost always includes pepperoni? Despite the fact that pepperoni is, in fact, one of the more popular varieties of pizza, I know for another fact (because I take very scientific surveys!) that not everyone orders pepperoni on their pizza. I happen to have a few of those people living right under my roof. This sausage and black olive pizza dip is for them, for you, for anyone who doesn’t want plain pepperoni anymore.If you are a fan of this blog, or have been stuck reading it because you are one of my social sharing buddies, you may recall that I posted a Bacon Cheeseburger Dip last week and said it was my favorite dip ever. This Sausage and Black Olive Pizza Dip just may have surpassed that one. At the very least, they are in a very close tie with each other for being too wonderful for words.
This dip is a layer of seasoned cream cheese topped with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. I used sliced fresh mozzarella cheese instead of the normal shredded aged type because the shredded kind tends to be a little rubbery. The fresh mozzarella was more suitable for using little chips to scoop out the dip. As always, though, I recommend using individual ramekins if you are anti mass dippers in one pot. Otherwise, serve this with a big spoon so everyone can get their portion on their own plates.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup prepared pizza sauce (I used Classico)
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 12 oz Italian sausage (hot or mild), crumbled, cooked and drained
- 4 oz sliced black olives, drained
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Spread it in the bottom of a 7X11 pan.
- Top with pizza sauce and then sliced mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with cooked sausage, black olives and green onions.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chips.