This pie was made as a guest post for my friend Kate over at Food Babbles blog.
Warm custard, juicy blueberries, luscious pie; is there anything more wonderful? Some days a pie just hits the spot. Make a homemade crust or use a store bought variety. Either way, you will love this classic blueberry custard pie.
- 1 single pie crust
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (you can tell I used frozen berries because they bled into the cream, fresh won't do that)
- 1½ cups half and half
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- In a bowl, combine half and half, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and lime juice until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the cream mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let pie cool on the counter and then refrigerate.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.