Ah school; I love it and I hate it. I love that the kids are busy, but I hate that the kids are busy. That busyness floods the family’s schedule with homework, unscheduled trips to stores, school meetings, sports and so much more. I have to pack up my summer laziness and find my inner organization mojo for another year. It also means that I need to start making hearty, delicious meals that will bring the family to the table. Manwich is one of my little helpers. With its kid-stopping power, my family is sure to put down their homework, get up from the computer and come in from the yard to sit down to a #Manwich meal, especially if its a sloppy Joe lasagna.
Are you looking for more recipe inspiration for Easy Weeknight Meals? You cannot beat the sweet, tangy taste of Manwich sauce in hamburgers, topping hot dogs, over pasta or in that traditionally messy sandwich, the Sloppy Joe. Check out their site for more Manwich Recipes. My kids adore it in any form. When I placed this lasagna in front of them and said, that it was made with Manwich, their eyes all lit up and they looked again at their plates with new appreciation. Score Manwich!!
Manwich comes in three flavors that are sure to please every palate: Original, Bold and Thick & Chunky. I received all three in the mail along with a great wooden spoon and pot holder. Wooden spoons are my cooking utensils of choice, so it was a pleasure to use this new spoon to cook up the filling of my lasagna.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch (about 7) green onions, chopped
- 1 can Hunt's Manwich, any flavor
- 12 oz lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- After browning and draining the ground beef, add the red bell pepper and green onions to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the can of Manwich, heat through and remove from stove.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, garlic powder, parsley and ½ cup Cheddar cheese.
- In a 9x13 baking pan, put about ⅓ cup Manwich meat sauce in the bottom, spreading it around to cover the entire bottom.
- Top the sauce with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Place the cottage cheese mixture on top of those noodles.
- Top with another layer of pasta.
- Top those noodles with the Manwich sauce.
- Top the sauce with the remaining cheese (or another layer of noodles if you have more, and then put on the cheese).
- Spray some aluminum foil with vegetable oil spray, then cover the lasagna and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.