Do you eat breakfast for dinner? In my house, it’s one of the most popular dinners I can make. Considering that “breakfast” is an umbrella term that encompasses a plethora of dishes, that means I can make anything from waffles to fritattas or from quiche to pancakes.An egg, meat and potato combination is one of my favorite meals. They are quick to throw together and if you use eggs from all-vegetarian-fed hens, like Eggland’s Best, you are serving up a reasonably healthy dish. Did you know their eggs contain 10 times more vitamin E, 4 times more Vitamin D, more than double the Omega-3 fatty acids, 25% less saturated fat, 3 times more Vitamin B12 and 38% more Lutein (an antioxident) than regular eggs? Well, they do! They were also voted the best tasting eggs by consumers.
- 10 oz can chicken breast, drained and flaked with a fork
- 6 Jumbo or 8 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 12 oz jar roasted red pepper, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 20 oz bag refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine everything but 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread in a greased oven proof skillet (cast iron works great).
- Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until egg has set.
And now for the giveaway! Eggland’s Best will give one of my readers a gift pack that includes: 2 coupons for a free dozen Eggland’s Best eggs, a plush EB egg toy and a $25 Visa gift card! This is for US Residents only (no PO Boxes).
***To enter, please leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite thing to make with eggs.***
Giveaway will end Wednesday, Feb 19th at midnight EST.
The Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Eggland’s Best.