Do you diet alone? If you have a significant other, does he/she join you in your quest for healthy eating? Do you feed your children super healthy foods? My personal experience has been that I am usually alone in my weight loss strategies. So today, I have a Honey Granola Yogurt Parfait for One just for all of you sole dieters.My kids often roll their eyes at my veggie laden plates and my fruit and cheese desserts. I get my revenge when I bring out parfaits like this one. Their eyes get big and they ask where the rest of the parfaits are hiding. I smile sweetly and tell them that they are healthy, gluten free and have no refined sugar. I am such a balloon burst-er. I do hope that someday, they want to eat less colored sugared cereal and more fruit and yogurt. Until then, I can only be an example and have the healthy foods available.
- ¼ cup gluten free granola (Kind or Udi’s)
- 2 Tbsp fresh/frozen raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- 1 5-6 oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp honey (locally made, if possible)
- In a glass or bowl, layer ⅓ of the ingredients in the order listed.
- Repeat twice more, ending with a drizzle of honey on top.
- Eat immediately.