Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
- Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
- Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
- Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
- Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
- Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
From the very first Christmas that I spent with my in-law’s, this fudge has been part of the treats of the season. Some of it may have made it onto plates taken to neighbors, but most of it was devoured by the family. I definitely ate my share. Once you taste it, you will understand how completely addictive it is. Smooth, creamy, never grainy, this is the perfect fudge.I will warn you now, though, that this is an old school recipe. I have no idea how old it is, only that my in-laws were married in 1949 and this recipe has been in the family for many years. It contains eggs that are only mildly warmed by the melted chocolate. If you have a problem with that, don’t judge me, just skip the recipe and enter the giveaway below. I understand the objections. We simply make the fudge and pop it back in the fridge. It doesn’t ever sit at room temperature, in fact it rarely makes it past the first day.
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips for a minute.
- Stir the chocolate and then microwave for one more minute.
- Stir until completely melted.
- It may need one more minute in the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate into the powdered sugar mixture as the mixer is going.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the nuts (optional).
- Spread the fudge in a buttered 8×8 pan.
- Immediately place in the refrigerator.
- Slice into small squares after 45 minutes.
- Keep all leftovers in the refrigerator because of the eggs.
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***