I get tired just thinking about the holiday rush. We add so many things to our schedules: gift giving, buying, wrapping; decorating the inside and outside of our homes; parties at school, work, church and home; concerts or other musical festivals, recitals, etc. As we pile more and more into our already busy lives, we also feel guilt because we aren’t extra loving, charitable or kind 24/7 as we try to get everything done. Songs about good cheer simply add fuel to the fire.
This year, I am saying “phooey” to expectations. I want to enjoy the holidays. There was an original reason for the celebration which gets so lost among the “Saturday-Only-For-3-Hours Sales.” I am tired of complaining about commercialization. It’s time to just relax, say no to a few things, enjoy my family and the time we have together.
In keeping with that whole relaxation idea, I am planning a few easy treats to give on goodie plates. One of our favorites are these Biscoff filled Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers. The classic peanut butter version is good, but the Biscoff version is Out. Of. This. World. An it is so easy. There is no baking involved. Heck! There is almost no cooking involved, but you have to microwave the chocolate coating to melt it. This is no-stress to the max.
- 1 jar Biscoff spread
- 1 box Ritz crackers
- 2 16oz packages chocolate coating (I used Candiquik)
- Spread Biscoff on one side of half the Ritz crackers.
- Top with another cracker to form sandwiches.
- Melt the chocolate coating according to package directions in the microwave.
- Dip the sandwiches into the coating, letting excess drip back into the bowl.
- Place on waxed paper to harden.
- Carefully peel off waxed paper when chocolate is firm.