Welcome to Day #5 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
I have had this recipe written in my recipe journal since the early 1990s, waiting to be made. I am shocked that I waited so long to make it because this stuff is seriously amazing. I have been doling it out to my friends by the spoonful. It’s been like, “Oh, you have come by to visit me? Open your mouth, taste this.” No one has been disappointed.Before I go further, don’t forget to visit all of the other amazing Christmas Week participants:
- Christmas Fudge by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Spiced Cranberry Holiday Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 12 candy canes, unwrapped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan.
- It may seem a sticky mess with all of the marshmallow fluff, but it stirs together quickly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally over medium low heat until the candy is melted.
- There were a few tiny bits of cane that may not melt, if that happens, just spoon them out and discard.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate.
- Use over ice cream, cake or eat it plain.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
The color of this sauce comes from melting candy canes. I am thinking that, although peppermint is my favorite, it would be fun to make this with all of the other flavors available, too. Cinnamon sauce, tootie fruitie sauce (but those rainbow candy canes might melt into a gross color), cherry, bubblegum; there are some great possibilities. And this is probably the easiest sauce ever: melt cream, marshmallow fluff and candy canes. Boom! You are done.
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Freund Container & Supply. Freund Container & Supply has been helping build businesses since 1938 as the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers, and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5,000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping, and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs!
Today’s winner will receive one $250 Freund gift certificate, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one $250 gift certificate to Freund Container & Supply, as well as one copy of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays”. Gift certificate is a one-time use certificate and must be used in its entirety; any leftover monies on the gift certificate will be forfeited. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. However, it should be noted that due to current International shipping rates, any Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders. ***
***Disclaimer: This gift certificate is being provided by Freund Container & Supply, while the cookbook has been provided by Juanita’s Cocina. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***