Welcome to #cookieweek, friends! Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present you with a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can imagine listed this week, including some for our furry friends. Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps. Make sure you enter the giveaway at the bottom with some fabulous prizes from Kitchen Aid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs.Last year I participated in a large blogger cookie swap. I made up my cookies and shipped them out. I was less than thrilled to spend $12 per box…I still think USPS bamboozled me into using expensive boxes when I could have used cheaper. Then I sat back to wait for my three boxes to arrive.
The first box arrived with weird tape all over it and a note from the mail carrier saying it wasn’t their fault if any contents were damaged or missing. There were two cookies in the box out of the original twelve. Hmmm, I thought. Maybe this isn’t going to be as fun as it sounded.
Then the next box arrived. I opened it and was hit by the unmistakeable aroma of coffee. My family doesn’t drink coffee for religious reasons, so I handed the cute tin to my second son and had him take it to school the next day for his favorite teacher. She loved the cookies. We, on the other hand, were batting zero for two.
A few days later, the last box arrived. Inside were twelve cookies; twelve chocolate dipped orange cookies. Yipee! We finally had a full box of treats. The kids ate them, but because they are a food blogger’s children, they critiqued them as well. Nix the chocolate, mom. Make them more like a creamsicle, mom. Aren’t they done yet, mom?
I am skipping any blogger cookie swaps this year, but who cares when there are so many wonderful cookies all crammed into this wonderful week.
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate-Filled Christmas Thumbprint Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Peppermint Raisin Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Classic Gingersnap Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Coffee-Toffee Thumbprint Cookies from Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Andes Cookie Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Double Chocolate Biscotti by Love and Confections
- Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies from Omeletta
- Fruit Coolers by Texana’s Kitchen
- Gluten-free Elisenlebkuchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Iced Molasses Cookies with by i heart eating
- Nutella Cookies by Total Noms
- Orange Cream Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Rolo Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Saketini Christmas Balls from NinjaBaking.com
- 1 box orange cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups white chocolate morsels
- With a mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees 9-11 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.