This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of McCormick & Company for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine. Did you know that pork chops is one of the top ten most-searched recipe terms for dinner? The folks at McCormick spices did all the research, gathering search data and compiling a top ten list. Realizing that meals made at home are more cost effective and usually healthier, they matched the results of their analysis to simple and flavorful recipes on their website, McCormick.com. Now, with busy back-to-school schedules in full swing, we have a great resource for wholesome dinner ideas! I had the opportunity to make their Home Style Pork Chops. They are seasoned with McCormick thyme, paprika, and black pepper and then cooked in a non-stick skillet. Seriously, sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. These chops were so moist and flavorful. The entire family loved them. I ended up doubling the recipe to feed my crew. I made thirteen chops and had only three left when dinner was over. I actually hid the leftovers from my sons in the vegetable bin so that my husband and I could enjoy them for lunch while the kids were at school.
- 1 tsp McCormick Paprika
- ½ tsp McCormick Thyme Leaves (I only had McCormick Ground Thyme, which worked, too)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp McCormick Black Pepper, ground
- 4½ inch pork chops (I used boneless)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chops.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet (I used an electric frying pan) over medium heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook 4 minutes per side or until they achieve desired doneness.
Now, would you like to have the opportunity to win a McCormick Gift Set? All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below answering the question, “What is your favorite McCormick spice?” I am sorry, this contest is only open to US residents. Please make sure that you leave a valid email address in the comment form. The contest will close at midnight EST on October 17, 2013.