This is the kind of dish that goes with anything. Cheese and vegetables…what’s not to like? If you don’t like the flavor of feta, try cheddar crumbles. They are bland enough to please most people. You could also substitute blue cheese or goat cheese if you enjoy cheese. I love cheese. I used to say it ran in my veins instead of blood. I miss cheese already in this month of no dairy. Sigh.
My kids don’t like zucchini much. Even in this dish, they acted like gold miners, picking the corn out of the dish and leaving the “green stuff” behind. My husband and I gladly ate what remained. More zucchini with the occasional kernel of corn is just as good as a fifty/fifty mix.
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen corn kernels
- 1 3-4 ounce container feta crumbles
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- seasoned salt to taste (I use Krazy Jane's Mixed Up Salt)
- Saute the zucchini and green onions in olive oil.
- Combine with corn, seasoned salt and feta in a prepared 2 quart dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.