One of my standby gifts to make (probably every 2 or 3 years) is Mint Hot Chocolate Mix. I rename it every so often just like any manufacturer to make it seem new (i.e. Mint Truffle Cocoa, Candy Cane Chocolate etc). I usually put 2 cups of mix in a quart size bag and put that bag in a Holiday fabric bag that I have sewn & tied with a ribbon with a direction tag attached. It is really easy and not too expensive.
My family usually puts up a pretty big fuss if I don’t make a batch or two for us, too. We like to doll it up with whipped cream and mini candy canes for show. It’s funny how much more tasty hot chocolate is when you have a candy cane to stir into it!!
- 2 45 oz Carnation Extra Rich Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 35 oz Coffee Mate Dry Creamer
- 2 lbs finely crushed peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour 1-2 cups into bags.
- Attach the following directions:
- Mix 3 Tbsp in 8oz hot water or milk.