In the days when I had no kids, I spent my spare time making crafts. I sewed, glued and painted all of the time. I even had a saw to cut out wood. All of that time spent making things produced oodles and oodles of decorations for every holiday. I had Rubbermaid bins from floor to ceiling filled with all sorts of stuff. I couldn’t wait for one holiday to end so I could fill every nook and cranny with cutsie things.
Then, one day, I just got sick of it all. I purged right and left. By the time I was done, I only had Christmas decorations….still enough to look like The Christmas Fairy sneezed by the time I’ve finished putting it all out, but none for any other holidays.
Enter my six year old daughter, stage right. This year, she has started asking why we haven’t decorated for Halloween other than a pumpkin on our porch. I have had to promise to buy things after the holiday for next year. I have a feeling that if she gets her way, I will end up with Rubbermaid bins from floor to ceiling filled with all sorts of stuff.
- 1 8 oz pkg light cream cheese
- ¾ cup date palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 small pkg sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, milk and pudding mix, beating until well combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.