And yes, I am actually that far behind on some of my posts. There is a reason my blog title calls me Harried. (not to be confused with harry….which I tend to object to….)
Anyway, you know I mentioned that 25 pound turkey in my freezer? This was it’s smaller sidekick. Weighing in at 14 pounds, it was the perfect size for the grill.
I simply cut the turkey up like a chicken. Who knew, right? Can I tell you that it’s a good thing we live in Florida because I may be making the Thanksgiving bird this way, too! Actually, as much as I’d like to, there would be a full on mutiny if I did that, but I can think about it!! This bird was so moist and delicious. Paired with the smokey mustard potato salad I made, I think the meal was one of my better summer combos. (Should I tell you that I just ordered 10 bottles of Saucy Mama’s Smokey Garlic Mustard? I had a coupon code. And free shipping. Does that make me weird?)
I used my copycat KFC 11 herbs and spices mix as the rub. That stuff is not just for fried chicken.
- 1 12-14 pound turkey, thawed and cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup 11 Herb and Spices Mix
- Place turkey on a very large lipped pan.
- Rub spice mix all over.
- Let sit 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill on a medium-low heat, turning as little as possible.
- When it reaches 175 degrees F, remove from grill, cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes before serving.