I am sure some of you have caught on to the fact that my series on filling in the blank photos has morphed into my rewriting and reposting these old recipes with new photos. Some of my earliest posts were: Here’s the recipe. It’s good.” Egads! It’s a wonder that anyone stuck around long enough for me to figure out blogging!
I first had chicken divan when my third son came to our family. Friends from church brought in meals to help out while we adjusted to a new baby. This was one of the meals. I didn’t know what it was called. I just knew that it was delicious. It was the first time I realized that curry powder wasn’t just for Indian food. I love the flavors of this easy dish.
When I went back to remake this, I was reminded that as is, Chicken Divan is not gluten free. That took me on a little journey to make gluten free cream of chicken soup. Turns out, it’s easy and much tastier than the canned version. You can make it with little chunks of chicken or without. I opted to go without because the dish itself has chunks of chicken in it. Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
- 2 10oz pkg frozen broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup or homemade gluten free version in notes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place broccoli in the bottom of a greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, except cheese.
- Pour over broccoli and then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Visit I Throw Like a Girl for Saturday Stirrings.