I knew exactly what I wanted to make for this month’s Improv Challenge. I had great plans. And then I moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress at the spur of the moment and my world sort of fell apart. First off, because of the latest Blogger update and because my blog mover was in Canada, all the redirects ended up being sent to Egg Tacos. Now folks, I was really excited about those egg tacos when I first made and posted them, but after three days of everybody being sent to see them, I started putting a few blankety-blanks in front of those eggs.
Once that problem was fixed, there were all the mundane tasks to be done, like fix photos, add plugins and figure out SEOs, all of which continues to rob me of any spare time. So when it came time to make my Peanut Butter and Jelly dish, I did what anyone in my mental state of frazzledness would do. I used convenience foods, including Kraft’s new Philadelphia Chocolate Indulgence. And frankly, I’d do it again. These tortes were phenomenal.
- 1 Triple Chocolate Chunk 8X8 brownie mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 6 Tbsp all fruit cherry jam
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 8 ounce container chocolate Philadelphia Indulgence, softened to room temperature
- Make brownie mix according to directions using egg, water and oil.
- Pour into 6 prepared small tart pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread each torte with 1 Tbsp cherry jam.
- In a bowl, vigorously stir peanut butter and chocolate indulgence.
- Spread or pipe peanut butter mixture on top of tortes.
- Refrigerate until served.
If you would like to join us in our monthly Improv Challenges, please read my Improv page for all of the details. Each month we take two ingredients and come up with a dish featuring both. We post on the 15th of the month.