I was looking back over my recipes and found that every six months or so, I post a banana muffin of some sort. Well, this is the last one, I promise (she says with fingers crossed behind her back). However, if you want adouble fudge banana muffin, a banana bran muffin, a whole wheat banana muffin, or to turn a banana into a coffee cake or pumpkin banana bread into a muffin, you have come to the right place.
So what’s so special about these muffins? Well, they have got oats for chewiness and honey for sweetness and chocolate….well, because chocolate just goes with bananas. Okay, maybe these muffins aren’t out of the ballpark-spectacular, but they made a great snack for my crew of hungry eaters. And when the hoards are happy, I am happy. That’s just the way it is.
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup oatmeal
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups self rising flour
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, oatmeal, honey and bananas until smooth-ish (the bananas will make the mixture lumpy).
- Add the flour and salt, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 24 greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until tests done.