One of my goals for this year is to begin participating in as many blog hops/parties as I can manage. Today’s hop, the Holiday Blog Hop is the brainchild of Erin from The Big Fat Baker. To participate in the Holiday Blog Hop, all you need to do is go here and sign up. Erin hands us three ingredients and asks that we put at least one of them into a recipe. This month’s ingredients were strawberries, steak and cream.
I immediately thought of a salad. I have always been partial to steak in a salad. I almost used all three ingredients; but a creamy dressing just didn’t work with the lightness of the salad. I marinated the steak and topped it with a balsamic vinaigrette. Strawberries, mushrooms, blue cheese topped off the baby spinach and spring greens.
- 1 pound lean steak, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- balsamic vinaigrette like Ken’s lite balsamic & basil or Newman’s lite balsamic
- In a glass bowl or pan, combine the Worcestershire, olive oil, lemon juice, seasonings and salt.
- Toss steak with marinade, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Cook steak in a nonstick skillet until done, maybe 10 minutes over medium.
- Use tongs to remove meat to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Toss mushrooms, strawberries, steak and lettuce.
- Serve on plates, sprinkle each with cheese and drizzle with vinaigrette.