Remember when I said that I had a lot of ideas for nacho varieties? Well, meet another one: chili dog nachos. This came about because I really used enjoy the occasional hot dog…with a bun and everything on it. No nitrates, please. All beef if they are on sale. Gloppy enough to make a mess everywhere and cause me to use plenty of laundry pre-wash afterward.
This plate of nachos has everything on it and is messy enough to put a few stains on your clothes. Corn chips covered in chili beans, cheese, hot dog, onion and, of course, mustard.
- 1 bag corn chips
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 hot dog per person, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cups (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
- yellow mustard
- Place corn chips on a baking sheet (or individual plates).
- Pour on the beans, hot dogs, onion and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 or microwave for one minute, depending on whether you are making this on a baking sheet or plate.
- Top with plenty of yellow mustard.
fine print: I received free mustard from Saucy Mama, but all opinions are mine.