These are my new favorite snack…besides cheese and peanut butter and cashews and raisins and apples and olives and okay, I don’t have one favorite, just a list of favorites…and these are now on that list. I used to think I didn’t like sweet potatoes all that much. They were more something that I endured at my in-laws’ house on holidays. Once I removed all of the marshmallows, sugar and spices, I found a veggie that wasn’t too bad!
I don’t suppose there is a real recipe involved here, but I will do my best to list one at the bottom. Besides peeling, slicing and seasoning, there isn’t a lot done with these luscious orange buddies. I took a suggestion from Debbi Does Dinner Healthy and threw some lime juice on them. I took a cue from Drick’s Rambling Cafe and sprinkled a bit of Slap Ya Mama cajun season salt on them and then I followed my own love of garlic and doused them with a bunch of garlic salt, too. I think the operative word in the seasoning process is salt. I really like the way it combines with the sweetness of the taters.
- enough sweet potatoes for your crowd (plan on one small per person or one huge per three people), peeled and sliced ½ inch thick
- olive oil
- l -2 limes (depending on how many sweet potatoes)
- 2 Tsp Cajun season salt
- garlic salt
- Pour some olive oil on your baking sheet (it should be a pan with edges).
- Lay the sweet potatoes on the oil in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salts.
- Splash with lime juice.
- Drizzle on another layer of olive oil.
- Bake 375 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven to serving plate and go ahead and sprinkle more garlic salt on them.
- Eat and enjoy!
- These make the best snack!
- (note: they won’t be crispy unless you slice them really thin)