Welcome to another month’s Improv Challenge! January is all about Sour Cream and Lemons. I fully intended to make lemon hand pies with sour cream crust this month. I had it all planned out. I had found a couple of recipes to use as spring boards to create something wonderful. And then BANG! My mind was beset with thoughts of pizza. And oh boy! What a pizza this was, especially seeings it was my last wheat pizza.
I mixed store bought pesto with sour cream for the sauce of the pizza. The cheese was mozzarella and sun-dried tomato feta. The toppings were roasted peppers, lemon zest, chicken breast and sauteed shiitake mushrooms. Ooodelally! This was Fan.Tas.Tic!! The lemon gave the pizza an unexpected zing that I really liked.
- pizza crust to make 2 12 inch pizzas
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cooked chicken, cut into little tiny pieces
- zest of one large lemon, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into small pieces
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in olive oil
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- garlic powder
- Roll out the dough to make a large pizza (or two small ones).
- Combine the pesto and sour cream in a bowl and spread over the unbaked pizza dough.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Add the toppings and sprinkle the whole pizza with a healthy dash of garlic powder.
- Bake 450 degrees for 12 minutes.
Now look what everyone else did! If you are interested in joining the group for next month’s Improv (carrots and ginger), drop me an email after you check out my Improv information page at the top of the site.