There are so many possibilities when it comes to pumpkin. It mixes with other fruits pretty well, too. I have made pumpkin apple muffins. I have made orange pumpkin pie. This time, I combined it with bananas in a bread. What other fruits have you seen pumpkin paired with?
My bread pan was too big for this recipe. Actually, I think it would have been better made into two mini loaves. Not that the bread was dry or anything. It was just short. I find short quick breads annoying. It’s like they are trying to be cute and mini, but they just can’t pull it off. I guess I am a bit of a quick bread snob.
(adapted from the Greenbriar Bed and Breakfast Inn, Coeur D’Alene, ID)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- Combine the banana, pumpkin, egg, sugar and oil in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients and then add them to the banana mix.
- Stir until just blended.
- Bake in a regular size greased loaf pan or two small loaf pans.
- Bake larger loaf 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Bake the smaller loaves 35-45 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.