It’s Secret Recipe Club time!! This month, I was assigned Erin’s blog, Making Memories with Your Kids. I have been reading Erin’s posts for almost as long as she has been blogging. She has to be one of the most clever moms I know. Not only does she have her two sweet children help in the kitchen, but she makes food fun for them. From her great cinnamon-y breakfasts, to spaghetti inside hotdogs to fabulous teacher appreciation ideas, she has something for every kid at heart. If you haven’t visited her blog yet, go today!
Of all of the recipes that Erin had on her blog, this one spoke to my most basic carb addiction. Mashed potatoes in a pie crust, with cheese. Erin’s family makes their mashed potatoes with Ranch dressing. My family prefers them with cream cheese. I served it with a baked ham, so I skipped the bacon that she added. This pie could have stood alone as a meal, but it also made a great side dish. It was almost like a twice baked potato in pie form.
(adapted from Making Memories with your Kids)
- 3 pounds of peeled, cooked potatoes mashed with
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dill weed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- enough milk to reach desired consistency
- 1 baked pie shell
- extra sharp cheddar slices (as desired)
- Scoop mashed potatoes into baked pie shell (no need to let it cool).
- Insert cheese slices down into the potatoes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is nice and melted.
- Serve warm.