I am probably the last person to make these amazing pancakes. I have had this recipe bookmarked since January from How Sweet It Is. Judging from the fact that there are 458 comments on that post, I think a lot of people know about these delicious treats.
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup funfetti cake mix (any flavor would be great…even chocolate!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- enough milk to make “syrup” consistency
- In a bowl, combine flour, cake mix, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla and 1 cup milk.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Add more milk, a little at a time, to get a good, thin pancake batter. Heat griddle and cook as you would normally cook pancakes.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in another bowl and slowly add milk to get a pourable, but thick glaze.
- Serve on top of pancakes.
- If you want, you can put extra sprinkles on top.
Your turn. What wonderful goodies did you make in your kitchen this week?