Ever since I saw this recipe on Colletta’s Kitchen Sink back in December, I have been wanting to make these brownies. I have five cookie dough loving children who clamor for cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough from the bowl, cookie dough on the beaters or the spatula or anything. My youngest son is famous for cruising through the kitchen and then announcing loudly, “I call the bowl when Mom’s done.” I knew these brownies would be a hit.
I didn’t really do much to change the recipe, except to put chocolate chips in the cookie dough and to up the amounts of vanilla. The brownie base is almost exactly my regular brownie recipe. I didn’t wait too long between pulling the brownies out of the oven and spreading the cookie dough on top of them. I threw the whole thing into the fridge after I got the chocolate glaze on to keep the hungry hoards from stealing any before dinner. It made the chocolate crack when I cut it, but in the summer, I don’t think I would leave a pan out….or on any days off from school for that matter. My sons have reached the bottomless stomach stage and are constantly hungry. Nothing is safe!!
(from Colletta’s Kitchen Sink)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies: Your Recipe, My Kitchen
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (no egg)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- Combine the sugar and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil and stir well.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the flour and salt and stir.
- Lastly, add the vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 13 pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until done.
- Once out, make the cookie dough and spread on top.
- Finish it off with the chocolate glaze
- Mix the butter and sugars until smooth ( I used a wooden spoon, but you could use a mixer, too).
- Add the vanilla and then the flour.
- When well combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Melt together in the microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring vigorously after each minute until smooth.
- It took my microwave 2 minutes.