This post has been sitting in my files for over a year. I posted a coffee cake that is incredibly donut like a couple of years ago (with no photo…working on that one, too). It is still a favorite. These are like tiny handheld versions. They are always a hit with my sugar loving crew. The nutmeg gives them a definite donut flavor.
On a completely different note, I have a question for you. How much preamble do you like to read before you get to the recipe? It seems like sometimes I drone on and on and other times I have a quick paragraph like the one above. I have noticed that I have retreated a bit back into the recipes versus sharing things about my real life. Sorry. I have 6 weeks before I move to Jacksonville. My husband is in San Fransisco until next week, when he heads to Florida to find us a place to live (I know, we are cutting it close). School ends on the 26th; next week. My calendar is filled with end of the year activities..and doctor appointments. I had to get all 5 kids in for physicals so that they can transfer to FL schools. Right after Memorial Day, my oldest two boys go on to a church camp for 4 days. The next Monday, my oldest heads off to a summer school program at a local college until the Friday before we move. The last week in June my younger 3 boys will be at Boy Scout camp. I don’t know if I can fit anymore in. 😉
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Combine the egg, ⅓ cup butter, ¾ cup sugar and milk in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just moist.
- Scoop into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- While still warm, but not hot enough to burn you, dip the tops of the muffins in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture, covering evenly with sugar.