I Springpad to save all of my bookmarked recipes. Often on Friday, I will head over to my account there and browse down the huge list of recipes to see which one I can manage before Sunday afternoon. As I scrolled down it this week, I suddenly realized that I had bookmarked two recipes for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies. I decided to visit both blogs again to see how similar they were. They were basically the same. Amanda did a slight variation on Donalyn’s lovely brownies. I varied it even further. It seems to be what we bloggers do best.
I used granulated sugar instead of brown. I omitted the baking powder and cut the flour slightly in the brownie. I had no baking chocolate in the house, so I substituted milk chocolate chips in the cheesecake. Finally, I threw 1 1/2 Snickers bars on the top before I baked it. Just for fun.
I think you will find that no matter which recipe you use, you will have a lovely, decadent dessert on your hands.
- for the brownie:
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- for the cheesecake:
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- for the top:
- 1½ full sized Snickers bars, cut into pieces
- Combine the melted butter with the sugar and cocoa.
- Add the eggs and stir well.
- Add the flour, salt and vanilla.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9X9 pan.
- Beat cheesecake ingredients in a mixing bowl until very smooth.
- Spoon over the brownie batter and carefully spread to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the Snickers bar pieces all over the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes (if you are using a glass pan, lower the heat to 325).
- Remove from oven and cool, then place in the fridge for a few hours before serving.