Things are a little out of schedule this week because I am in the middle of a little project for Foodbuzz. Today is this week’s bread post. There will not be a cookbook review.
I wanted to make a breakfast sandwich the could be made, crust and all, in a muffin tin; sort of a breakfast-on-the-go. I decided to base my recipe on the idea of a kolache; a rich, sweet dough with a savory filling. It didn’t really turn out like a kolache, though, hence the name. I ended up using frozen bread dough in this recipe, so the level of richness was toned way down.
Ranch House Bacon and Egg Cups
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 1 package frozen rolls
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable spray.
- Break six rolls in half and place a piece in the bottom of each cup.
- Flatten it to fit on the bottom of the muffin cup like a crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and dressing mix.
- Divide the bacon evenly between each cup.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until egg is set.
- Serve warm.