I am just going to say right now that I am one of the few people that like sweet pickles. In my family, most of my siblings, my husband and just about all of my children think that dill is the only kind of pickle that should even grace the store shelves. Sweet gherkins are just too odd to fit in their palates. Me? Give me a relish tray of black olives and sweet pickles and I will hand you an empty tray when the party is over.
I am basically a child of the 70s. I was born in the late 60s and remember the foods that were groovy in the 70s scene. These rolled up meat/cream cheese/ pickle combos are straight out of that era. My mom served them at every entertaining opportunity. All hail Buddig meat and to heck with how scary this meat looks compared to a slice of real, grass-fed beef!!
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 packages Buddig beef
- sweet pickles, quartered lengthwise
- 1½ Tbsp sweet pickle juice
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and pickle juice until smooth and rather spreadable.
- Separate the beef slices and lay out on a clean counter.
- Spread cream cheese on each of the slices of meat.
- Fold two opposite sides of the round meat over to form more of a rectangle shape.
- Lay a pickle quarter on one unfolded edge and roll up.
- Serve cold.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.