When I made the recipe coming up for the next Your Recipe, My Kitchen, I had to have bread sticks. I didn’t realize I needed bread sticks, though, until I was in the homestretch for fixing the meal. I had to have them within an hour. Luckily, this recipe fit the requirements. Five minutes to mix, ten minutes to rise, twenty minutes for a second rise and twenty more minutes to bake = delicious, soft, herb filled bread sticks.
I doubled the recipe to feed my family, so that is definitely an option if you need more than nine bread sticks.
Easy Bread Sticks
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker adapted from Taste of Homea
- 2½ cups flour
- 2½ tsp yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water warm water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1½ tsp honey or agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Italian seasoning
- Combine 1½ cups flour, yeast and salt.
- Combine the water, oil and honey and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix in the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead five minutes.
- Cover and let rise ten minutes.
- Roll into a 9X9 square.
- Cut into nine strips, twist and lay on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with butter, sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning and salt and let rise another 20 minutes (covered loosely).
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.