Traditional Boston Cream Pie: Homemade Yellow Cake with Homemade Custard in between the layers, with Homemade Chocolate Glaze on top. This week was such that I needed a completely convenient way to make it. So I made it all from mixes. And I didn’t feel bad about doing it. At. All.
Super Simple Boston Cream Pie
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Cook 'N Serve Vanilla Pudding
- Store Bought Chocolate Frosting
- Make cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Cool cake completely.
- Make cook and serve vanilla pudding according to package directions.
- Poke holes all over yellow cake.
- Pour pudding on top of cake.
- Place in refrigerator and cool completely.
- Spread with chocolate frosting.
I would like to say, for the record, that we survived the first week of school. No one died, no one ran away, no one was committed. I hope I can say the same next week.