I realize you could just hop over to the Foodbuzz site to see all of these recipes, but like any proud parent, I am posting this recipe here, too. I seem to post a lot of salads in this blue bowl. I should just start calling it the salad bowl.
This salad was truly inspired. It is amazing. Pasta salads are always Italian. I decided to take my inspiration from my surroundings and go Southwest. Who knew? You will love this.
Fiesta Pasta Salad
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 12 ounce package farfalle or rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar Newman’s Own medium salsa
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheese, salsa, black olives, cilantro, mayonnaise and salt.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Note: the flavor gets better the longer you wait until serving, if it seems dry, add more salsa.