These are so quick and easy to make. Warm with a slice of ham, they make a great sandwich. Warm with a little butter, they make a great snack. I like biscuits warm. Anyway, the original recipe for these biscuits came from Paula Deen’s Lady and Sons cookbook. I am on a Paula Deen kick this week, so look out! There will be a lot of butter in the next few recipes I post!!!
Cheddar Beer Biscuits
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker adapted from Paula Deen
- 4 cups biscuit mix (aka Bisquick)
- 1 12 ounce can of beer (I used a non-alcoholic version, it’s available next to the alcoholic version, there are usually 3 or 4 different types)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl (with a spoon).
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until done.
- Serve warm