This time, I followed a recipe exactly. Shocking, I know. The only thing I’d change if I make it again is the baking time. My chops were a bit dry ~ but very tasty! It is a good, quick recipe that can be thrown together and tossed in the oven so you can focus on other things.
My husband, the purist, requested less topping. He prefers little or no sauce. My son, the Thinker, thought he was about to bite into salsa topped pork. His reaction was priceless. The sweet tang of this barbecue inspired sauce is a far cry from any Southwest spice.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- Brown pork chops in olive oil.
- Place in a 9 X 13 pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon over chops.
- Bake 45 minutes (or less if done earlier!!) at 350 degrees.