I found a recipe for a marshmallow sauce that with a little tweaking sounded yummy, but then I needed to come up with something over which to serve it. Here are the very rich results:
Marshmallows, Grahams and Chocolate: Must Be S’mores
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 1 pkg graham crackers, crushed
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the crushed grahams and butter.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9 X 9 pan.
- Combine the filling ingredients and pour over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Microwave the cream in a 4 cup microwave safe bowl until it boils rapidly.
- Stir in the entire jar of fluff until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- When the chocolate squares are cooled completely, cut into squares and ladle the marshmallow sauce over it.