This is a super popular recipe. I make it all year round, but the balls are fun to make for goodie plates during the holidays, especially if you add coloring to the marshmallow mix!
Holiday Gift Idea: Popcorn Balls
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- 8 quarts popped popcorn (you can use microwave popcorn, but it's cheaper to make up bulk)
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2⅔ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- food color, if desired
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir constantly until it boils and then continue for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and coloring if desired.
- In a huge, mega sized bowl, combine the popped corn and the mini marshmallows.
- Pour the hot butter mixture over the popcorn and stir until completely covered.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Butter your hands and form into balls, about the size of racquet balls.
- Place the popcorn balls onto waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Wrap in plastic wrap when cooled.