Parmesan Rosa Sauce for Pasta
Author: Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⅓ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1½ cups whipping cream or 1 can evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning for sprinkling on top
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Cook garlic for half a minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and cook until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.