This is one of those recipes that almost isn’t a recipe at all. However, life needs easy desserts like this sometimes. I cannot tell you how many times one of my children has come to me and said, “I told my class I’d bring in treats” or “We are having a party for __________ club/sport/friend and I need a dessert.” or “I was assigned to bring cookies or brownies to tonight’s meeting.” Often, I am lucky to get a day’s notice (meaning they tell me as they leave for school that they need something baked by that evening). Sometimes I only get an hour’s notice. I am nothing if not a push-over.
- 1 box brownie mix, plus eggs, oil and water to make it
- 12 chocolate covered peppermint patties
- Mix up the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Coarsely chop up the peppermint patties.
- Stir them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake according to package directions.
I told you this was easy. Trust me, they are delightful and always well received.