If the title of my blog didn’t give me away, I will admit now once and for all that I am cheap. Frugal sound so much better, but the fact is, I hate to spend money on silly things ~ like kitchen sponges. I have tried not to use them. I have and use a Pampered Chef plastic scraper and I have and use lots of dish rags. But I just can’t give up my sponges.
So, in order to get my money’s worth out of them, I use them until they are falling apart. My only problem is the germs they harbor. Solution: Microwave them! Wet your sponge, put it in the microwave for 1 minute and Presto! no more germs (okay 99.99999% no more germs). Remember, it has to be wet or it will catch on fire! Here is an official article to back me up:
Head on over to Tammy’s Recipes for all sorts of kitchen tips.