Sometimes my family goes on strike and demands “non-blog” food. In other words, they want an old stand-by; something that they are used to and love. I often rely on stroganoff for an easy meal. I don’t usually use a recipe. Occasionally, I will look at one, to see if I can improve the old stand by. Here is my recipe or method or whatever you want to call it.
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb meat...hamburger, thinly sliced beef, ground turkey, browned
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream or seasoned dip
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough milk to thin to desired consistency
- sometimes I add an envelope of onion soup mix...it's a good add.
- After browning the meat, drain.
- Throw all of the other ingredients into the pan.
- Cook and stir over medium until bubbly.
- Serve over noodles, pasta, rice, barley, potatoes, millet, couscous or toast.
To make this gluten free, skip the cream soup and onion soup mix. Use fresh onion and mushrooms cooked after meat is drained. Use 1 cup beef broth and an extra ½ cup sour cream or dip in place of cream soup.