With a family of 7, traveling can be very expensive. We love the dollar menus at fast food places, but even better, we love to bring our own food. I pack sandwiches, homemade pizza, cheese and crackers, fruit and breakfast cookies. These cookies are filled with chocolate chips, rice crispy cereal, and peanut butter. When I tell my kids that they get to eat cookies for breakfast, they are all over them!
Actually, these little gems are not only great for eating breakfast on the go. They make great snacks any time of day. Sometimes, we even eat them for dessert ;-)!!
Author: The Busy Family Cookbook
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup oat bran or wheat germ
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, honey, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and add.
- Stir in cereal and chocolate.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 15-18 good sized cookies.